If you plan on traveling abroad with your pet you can obtain an International Health Certificate at Ocean County Veterinary Hospital.
This process typically requires one phone consultation with the doctor and one office visit. Additional services such as vaccines or medications may also be required.
Before contacting us, please obtain the following USDA/Country/Airline requirements via the following:
- Visit www.aphis.usda.gov. This is the agency in charge of Health Certification. Use this site to research the specific requirements of the country you are planning to visit.
- Contact the Consulate for the country you will be visiting with your pet.
- Contact the airline for specific airline requirements.
In addition we will need the following information when you call our office: Are you a NJ resident? You can not obtain an International Health Certificate if you are not a New Jersey resident.
- Country of destination
- Date of departure
- Name and telephone number of current veterinarian (if not OCVH)
- Best time that you can be contacted for your phone consultation with the doctor and telephone number where you can be reached.
Please note that you cannot obtain an International Health Certificate from OCVH if you are not a New Jersey resident.
For more information or to schedule your appointment, please call us at 732.363.7202.